Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting to know you...

Just a random Birthday photo
(since I didn't post anything after the fact)
The Littel Owl at Birthday Glow Bowl-O-Rama,
photo courtesy of MJ's iphone
(I am so jealous of her phones camera and all its fancy settings!)
...
Ok, and now back to the show...
Getting To Know You:

1. Waffles, pancakes or french toast?
Oh, yes... Waffles!!! Loaded with different fresh fruits, either honey or maple syrup (both local preferably) and LOTS of whipped cream!
BTW, the best waffles I have ever had the pleasure of having were with my mom's cousin's family in Tennessee.
His wife made them in a cast iron waffle iron that lays on the stove...
They are sheer perfection and you will never have any like them!
Alas, I have yet to find my own, all and only cast iron waffle iron,
so the search continues!

2. Dream home..What would it look like?
I would like to have a small old farm house with a wood stove and a wood fired cookstove.
Also, a big porch that Posey can go out on, but still be in the shade and with a big barn.
It would be nice to have my own studio space with facility for everything I do.
Also, lots of space for herb, flower and vegetable gardens, and lots of trees of all sorts (including fruit, etc...) and room for animals (dogs, chickens, goats...)!
I would love to have a wood fired hot tub and outdoor shower.
Also, a small stream that runs through the yard and or a pond for swimming.

3. Favorite sport to watch during the Winter Olympics?
I don't watch it that much, but when it is on I like either skiing, snowboarding or figure skating.

4. The first word that comes to mind when describing yourself?
Like Kassi said, short

5. Dresses, pants (jeans, leggings, etc.) or skirts?
I wear leggings alot and skirts/dresses, but then I go into wearing jeans alot... But right now it is leggings.

6. What is your favorite time of day?
I like any time that is or is like the bewitching hour.
Those times in the day when it is really quiet and you can feel everything around you,
like it is complete and utter magic...
That may be dawn or dusk, or a soft rain or a still moment in the sunny afternoon...
Its the feeling.

7. Beach or Mountains..which do you prefer?
Both.
I am from the ocean, but lived in the mountains for a while and am back to the ocean.
But I feel lucky because we live up a big hill in the woods down the street (literally) from the ocean.
So I have the best of both worlds.

8.Will you watch the Super Bowl?
No.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like we have very similar dream houses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your dream home sounds really nice, and kind of like where I live! I actually live in the country and have lots of land, barns, woods, streams, large gardens, etc., so when I hear people say they want to live somewhere like that, I think, "that's crazy, I'd think it would be better near the city!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong to like pancakes, waffles AND french toast? :) Its fun learning things about you! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Danielle... I am soooo jealous of you! I am about 45 mins. outside the city, and where I live is really beautiful... But we rent and it is a tricky kind of situation (especially with 2 dogs and posey)... and although I appreciate the city, I am NOT a city girl... I dream of barns and land that I can plant whatever I want with plenty of room (I am a gardening junky). As long as I am not in complete nowhere (which I still probably wouldn't hate...) I would be in heaven!

    @Greystrawberrys... It is SOOOOO ok to like pancakes, waffles AND french toast! I actually like all 3 also, but if I HAD to choose one it would be waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that photo! and your favorite time of day is bliss!

    ReplyDelete