Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Things I Love....

I am doing this post inspired by Bacwoods Fern's post...

First is Sophie...
Here she is, Sophie, in all her glory... I found this beautiful one at the flea market that we have a few towns over on sundays during the seasons with good weather. Super score because she was only $10 and fully functionable (aside that she needed some basic love like oiling and a new drive band), she was balanced and everything! I had only used a spinning wheel once before, it was a single drive (Sophie is a double drive kinda girl) and completely different! I was spinning all my yarn before Sophie on drop spindles (that I love equally as much) that my Man made me, but she just brought everything to a new level. What a lucky find, and we adore eachother...

Second is my watercolors...
This is my main watercolor paint box, I use it pretty much daily and bring it with my when I travel. I am constantly sketching and doodling and I have found watercolors to be perfect company. I love how simple, yet complicated they are!
I have a couple of things that I use for my watercolor paints when I am painting, but this one seems to be my favorite. I was given my first watercolor paints by a friend, they were half pans and set color scheme. I loved using it, but when I figured out that I could create my own paint box with colors, I was so happy! I usually mix most of my own colors from a base of the 3 prime colors (red, yellow, blue) in 2 different hues so I can have the whole spectrum, but I do throw in a few pre-mixed colors (usually greens, purples or magentas).
Anyways, Both of these things are a big part of my life, so naturally I thought I would share them! What do you love?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up!

    i LOVE your spinning wheel and am super impressed that you know how to spin yarn!

    i would love to see some of your artwork.... hopefully you'll post some soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kassi, Spinning is alot easier than it seems and once you get the rhythm it just flows! You can see my work if you click on my etsy shop (sweetsparrowstudio.etsy.com) at the top of my blog... there are also a few things scattered here and there on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sofie!! She looks fabulous! And what a steal for $10 thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete