Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New work, Costume and the Garlic Festival

Good afternoon!
I am so happy that I found someone to watch the animals while we are away at the Garlic Festival this weekend...
Now I have to pack (ugh, YUCK!)
But its ok, we are going early to have some time to poke around, it is so beautiful out there!
..
I am currently saving for an external hard drive so that I can reinstall the photo program on my laptop because it is having an attitude and not letting me upload any photos.
It has been frustrating not being able to use my real camera and not being able to post photos easily.
I have a bunch of new things to put in my shop, but they will have to wait...
Darn computers!
...
Anyhoo, thought I would share a little of what I have been working on lately...
These are a few photos I took with photo booth.

This is the beginning of the skirt that I made for my costume for the Garlic Festival.
I am the Garlic Faery (and Andy is the Garlic Giant on his stilts) and we walk around interacting and having a ridiculous amount of photos taken of us.
I have already dome some of the embroidery on it, but have a little more to do.
Don't mind that my house is a MESS!
...

This is the hat that I made for it, I need to add a few feathers and haven't decided whether or not to embroider garlic bulbs on it or not.
What do you think?



...
Lastly is the vest that I felted.
I have already embroidered a garlic bulb on either side, but I still need to add scapes and maybe roots...




These are among a number of other things that I have been working on lately.
What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment