Sunday, October 17, 2010

home from the white mountains

Isn't this place neat?
Not sure what is in the bottles...


So I feel like it has been a while since I posted last and I kinda feel like I say that at the beginning of every post now...
I have been busy trying to make things for the upcoming craft/holiday fairs I am vending at.
Also, I spent a couple of days helping my mom "clean out" the family place in the white mountains.
It is something she had been wanting to do for a while.
It is an A-frame that my grandparents had build probably about 50+ years ago/
We would go there every weekend growing up for vacation or skiing...
But now that my grandfather and father have passed (they loved it up there)
it has been harder for us to get up there.
So my mom thought that it would be good to try to rent it so it wouldn't have to be sold...
My grandmother hates it there and really wants to just get rid of it and it is starting to look like that might be the case.
When we got there, we realized how much work it would need to be rentable.
Not that it is a total dump or anything,
but it just needs more to be put into it than can be afforded.
So it was emotional and frustrating.
But by the time I left it was cleaner (we threw out A LOT!).
Still, it is kind of sad.
There are a whole lot of memories there...
Part of me would be really sad to see it sell, but I can't seem to make it up there much and neither does anyone else.
So we will see...

How was your weekend?
Did you do anything fun?
(you know, more fun than cleaning out an old house, ha ha ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment