Thursday, April 7, 2011

A thought on Spring




I love all four seasons,
especially the anticipation of the turning of one into another.
I feel so lucky to live in a part of the country that gets to experience these seasons fully!
Each season that comes around is my favorite at the moment
and at the moment spring is glorious with all its wonders!

One of the things that I love so much about spring is waiting and watching with delight
as the new life struggles and pushes its way up through the dreary, heavy earth.
It has been a long, frosty sleep.
It is a surprise and exciting everytime.

I love how simple things seem,
but when you look deeper,
there is a whole world wiggling, crawling,
starting to push its way towards the sun,
starting from the core.

I love the contrast.
Light and dark,
cold then warm (then cold, then snow, then warm),
hard and soft,
strong and delicate.
All fighting for the same thing,
all working at growing.

I love the birds and their beautiful songs,
I love the smell of the dirt,
I love the soft green bud and gentle shoots sprouting.
And I especially love the dull greys and browns flowing into bright and vibrant yellowy greens,
and knowing that the sap is flowing.

Spring is a deep and ancient process,
calling from the womb of the earth
and the heart of the sky.
An integral part of the process,
a necessary cycle
starting life anew.




4 comments:

  1. brittan, i just saw that i had a comment from owlie on my blog and i thought, "oooohhh, i like that name, i'm going to look at her blog" and i realized it was you! but i already like you.

    i like all four seasons, too, but none are quite as special (in my opinion) as spring. you get so much from it, and i think it's by far the prettiest.

    no special plans for my birthday so far. i mean, i'm old, so lunch out would be a celebration for me! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittan,

    I believe your work was showcased on Etsy recently with your rocks. Love your work!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I love that!

    ReplyDelete