Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chihuly





























Chihuly is on display at the MFA here in Boston until August.
I had gone a few weeks ago, but my mom wanted to take my nana who is a big fan.
So when my sister had to go back to her apartment in the city,
mom, nana, sister and my mom's friend and I all went in to see it.

One of the things that added interest for me was the basket room with the huge wooden table displaying his glass baskets and the wall of Pendleton blankets that were part of his inspiration.

The photos go in order of the rooms.
It is such an amazing burst of color and the size and shapes of his work are fantastic!
It is a great exhibit so if you are in town you should definitely check it out!!!

This was a great way to spend a rainy day!
Hope you are all having a great week,
anything fun or exciting going on in your lives?

1 comment:

  1. Wow nice pics. when it was in Orlando, Florida we weren't allowed to take pictures. Love the glass!

    ReplyDelete