Thursday, May 26, 2011

Indian Blue



So about a month or so ago I found this great etsy shop called Indian Blue
with little hand painted brooches made by a sweet girl, over the big pond, in the UK!


I first bought this one and was completely in love!



It was my friend Danielle's birthday (Dinosaur Toes) and being the fellow bird lover that she is,
I thought she would really love one with sun conures on it to go along with the other gifts that I had for her!

So I contacted Sam and asked her if she would be interested in doing a couple of custom brooches for me (one for danielle and one for me with my birds on it). She was such a delight to work with, very easy going. We ended up chatting back and forth for a bit about animals and life and about our work.
She is going to school for animation, isn't that rad!?!

When I told her what I was looking for, she came up with 3 different designs for each brooch for me to decide from!!!

These are the 2 that I ended up choosing and they are perfect!





How fantastically sweet are they!?!
I can't believe she only charges $7 for each one!

You should definitely check out her etsy shop, she has some other really wonderful animal brooches for sale! They are great little decorations for a sweater, cardigan, or hat and they also make great gifts!!!



p.s. Danielle loved her gifts, you can see what she had to say about them here!







1 comment: