Thursday, December 13, 2012

'Tis the season for knitting! (My first sweater!!!!)



I forgot to show you the sweater that I knit.
My first one ever!!!












I used a pattern for a hooded sweater by Knitting Pure & Simple.
I used all Noro yarn, random skeins that I had been (shall we say) collecting for years.
It is colorful and comfy (I used a men's pattern that I slightly adjusted, so it is loose) and definitely
one-of-a-kind!
I am working on my second sweater, now...
And a skirt...
A hat, another hat, leg warmers, and a cowl.
I also have other projects I am getting ready to put on needles.

It sounds like a lot, but I am quickly making progress!
I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the simpler styles that I can add my own detail to, such as stripes or blocks of color.

I also finished my first pair of socks, which I am pretty proud of.
WOO HOO!!!
They are definitely unique, let's call it character.
They also may or may not be slightly different in length,
but they are wonderful none the less!

Do you knit?
What projects are you working on?






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Brit!!! Love your color sense xoxoo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours. I love that Noro wool. I'm not knitting much this winter. I am trying to concentrate more on painting. Also I keep finding hand knits in the secondhand shops here. Not those lovely colours though.

    ReplyDelete